Sender:
First Lego League Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:02:08 -0500
8bit
From:
Suprotik Ghose <[log in to unmask]>
Team ROBOWIZ from Greenbriar West Elementary School (Fairfax), would like to extend our sincere thanks to the many people involved in running the VA/DC FLL State tournament. It was a huge effort - especially on a weekend with an important football game, basketball game and exams, with buses moving people around campus and the really interesting student activities - very nicely run!

It was a tiring, though exciting journey for the GBW 4th graders to reach State, and though a team member dropped our robot in the pit area this morning, the team stuck with the quickly rebuilt, under performing robot, through the competition rounds. A special thank you to Karen Berger who accomodated our request to move to a later slot so that we could at least attempt to rebuild the robot and run the robot on the tournament table.

The entire state experience was an awesome learning experience for the kids and I am confident this will help them determine what exactly is expected of them next year.

Brittany, Nick, Barry, Karen, Ralph and everyone else – thank you!

Finally, congrats to all those who go on to represent the Commonwealth at the nationals (including our fellow GBW team - RoboPros, the Div#1 Champions), wishing you all the best  and have fun.

Suprotik Ghose
Coach, 2008 GBW Robowiz