Sender: First Lego League Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 14:15:48 -0500
From: "Donna L. Cornwell" <[log in to unmask]>
The robot is the most visible part, but only the best of the 3
performance scores is counted. I think that this is really good, having
only one chance to run the missions is hard on the kids, because things
happen. This reduces the stress and allows the kids a chance to improve.

By scoring, the robot is 50 %: 25% performance and 25% interview.

Given that, I still wish that they didn't do the project at all. The
kids sign up for Lego Robotics because they like to build with Legos.
Some really enjoy the project, but for the most part, they feel a bit
betrayed. They come to do the robot and end up doing a project very much
like what they do in school all the time. It is like doing homework.
Building and programming the robot is a new experience very unlike what
they do in school.

Donna Cornwell