From:
Shari Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shari Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:40:53 -0400
The FIRST Nature's Fury season is about to begin!  In preparation,
please join Lord of the Bricks on a journey of discovery of Earth.
Our next  field trip series will be at the Science Museum of Virginia,
Wednesday, August 7:

1:30 -2pm: Science on a Sphere - Earth in Real Time
View weather, earthquakes, snow cover, ocean temperature and more in
near real time. Find out how scientists collect this data. See an
astronaut’s view of the earth at night – can you name the major
cities? Observe a day of airplane traffic across the globe.  See the
Earth like never before in this exciting presentation.

2:30-3pm: Weather Watchers
How does the weather affect you? What tools do meteorologists use to
study weather? Learn the symbols used to show rain, tornadoes, cold
fronts and much more. How does air pressure affect the weather? Build
an anemometer and make your own forecast!

Field tip admission price is $8 per person.  The trip is open to FLL
members from Lord of the Bricks, as well as any other tea wishing to
participate.  We also welcome non-FLL members wishing to either join a
team, or who'd just like to learn along side us!

Register attendees at http://lordofthebricks.wildapricot.org/.

Contact [log in to unmask] for further information.