Sender:
From:
"Swayne, Nick - swaynedd" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2017 15:48:01 +0000
VA-DC FLL,

As the season reaches its finale this weekend I wanted to give you all a quick update.

First, JMU has done well in football again this season.  While I appreciate the attention paid to JMU as a result of the team’s athletic prowess, it presents a number of challenges for us here at VA-DC HQ.

1.  There will be A LOT of people in town and on campus Saturday.  Get started early – park in a designated place and don’t move.  You likely won’t get back into the parking lot.

2.  Moving on campus will be a challenge – even for our buses.  We’ll do our best to keep things moving but with all the traffic and road restrictions from the game, expect delays.

3.  Volunteers – we need more.  We learned last year just what an impact a championship game will have on our student volunteers.  About 30% failed to show up on Saturday afternoon.  If that happens again, we would appreciate parents stepping up to help whenever needed – particularly in crowd control and movement – BUT – we can also use a bunch more judges on Saturday.  If your team isn’t advancing, PLEASE reach out to Sonya Shaver and volunteer to be a judge.  You’ll learn a lot that can help your team next year.  If you are a division 1 or 2 parent and your team IS advancing, consider volunteering as a judge for the other division (no conflict of interest).

4.  Hotels were tough to book this year – if you’re traveling – remember to start early.  There will be A LOT of traffic on the roads heading to Harrisonburg.

Remember ALL JUDGING will take place on Saturday so bring everything to Memorial Hall (395 South High Street will work on your GPS).

Robot performance will take place at Harrisonburg High School on Sunday (1001 Garbers Church Road will work on your GPS).

We’re looking forward to seeing you all this weekend in Harrisonburg!

Nick