From:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2018 08:53:02 -0500
Teams attempting this mission will want to be sure they have read the rules
and updates very carefully. There was another update for the crater mission
a couple of days ago:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__firstinspiresst01.blob.core.windows.net_fll_2019_into-2Dorbit-2Dchallenge-2Dupdates.pdf&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=k6Oa5GxfBPFMgGjb2r5QIoEOeBZs9xbNIpA0kLw_kFQ&m=y0wGeH8ZylouiuZe5I2UKC-hR9jrW3o-nVJNW-9qdzM&s=RmG5zoXo_9Kjbd8yJapi8yFT781z0VxUC-MgJbBEjno&e=

*U08–CRATER CROSSING #2 *
The “crossing Equipment” is whatever crosses completely east to completely
west for points.
Crossing Equipment is the only Equipment that needs to cross.
Any other equipment involved, which might throw or Transport the crossing
Equipment, does not need to cross.
Examples:
• If a ball was thrown to score as the crossing Equipment, then only the
ball needed to cross. The crossing ball was not part of the Robot, so the
Robot didn’t need to cross.
• If the ball was Transported across and dropped, then again, only the ball
needed to cross. The crossing ball was not part of the Robot, so the Robot
didn’t need to cross. *(See Rule D10)*
• If a ball was built into the Robot and later removed by hand, then the
entire Robot had to cross. The ball was part of the Robot, so the entire
Robot needed to cross. *(See Rule D04)*

The Gate must be flattened by the end of the Match, but how and when that
happens doesn’t matter.

For this Mission, Teams and Referees alike clearly need to know the
difference between something which is Transported by the Robot and
something which is part of the Robot. *Rules D10 and D04.*
Teams: If you’re unclear about that difference, study it, or your strategy
could be risky.
Referees: If You’re unclear about that difference, study it, or you’ll need
to over-use *Rule GP3*

.