From:
"Swayne, Nick - swaynedd" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Swayne, Nick - swaynedd
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 2015 22:22:14 +0000
Keep in mind that the tables you will encounter at tournaments are built using standard wood from one of the local home building supply stores.  If your game strategy requires really precise table dimensions, smooth surfaces, and a perfectly level field – you’ll be disappointed.  The key to a predictable robot performance is to build the robot with adequate sensors, guides, etc – and design/program it to be durable, resilient, and fault tolerant – and able to perform in a variety of lighting situations.