From:
Eric Crutchfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2010 20:10:30 -0400

Hi Adam,
I was wondering that myself, so thanks for asking.

I'll share our experience as a new team to see if it helps you decide
one way or the other. We decided to push our team of 10 5th grades to do
both project and robot, even though we didn't start meeting until Sept.
12th. We spent the first 3 weeks building lego's, talking about the
project, and teaching them how to program the robot. Everyone was
programming (4 laptops with teams of 2-3 on each) almost every practice
up until this last week. Then we changed the structure so that just our
best programmers are programming (3-4), and we have 2 other teams,
project (3-4) and robot design (3). While the project group was a little
put off at first, they seemed to take to the job at hand with
enthusiasm. We'll see if that holds true tomorrow, and if this will be a
successful way to organize the daunting amount of work at hand.

Good luck, whichever way you decide to go!

Cheers,
Eric Crutchfield
Binary Beasts
Oak Grove Elementary, Roanoke