Sender:
First Lego League Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 23:16:50 -0400
7bit
From:
Curt Tran <[log in to unmask]>
Cindy,

An additional comment, what Michael has mentioned in his note #2 is the new
NXT 1.1 software.  We didn't have any more memory problem after updating the
NXT Firmware to v1.05 and using the new NXT programming software v1.1.

What new features are included with NXT 1.1 software?
     The new NXT software offers improved performance and speed, especially
for large program development. New compression methods free up 30kb of
useable memory on the NXT Intelligent Brick and shrink most programs and
sound files by 40%. The software programming module, called NXT-G, features
intelligent scroll plus more than 100 other enhancements.

To check to see if you have NXT software version 1.1, run the NXT
programming software, click on HELP and select "About LEGO MINDSTORMS Edu
NXT..".  It should say "LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT v1.1" under the robot picture on
the right side.

You will also need to update the "NXT Firmware to v1.05".  (All NXT robots
including what was shipped for the 2007 FLL with the new NXT 1.1 software
have the older Firmware and must be updated to the v1.05 Firmware.)  After
you have verified that you have v1.1 NXT software, click on Tools and select
"Update NXT Firmware".  Make sure that the robot is power on, connected with
the USB cable, have full battery, and make sure the computer do not turn off
while it is updating the firmware.  It should only take a minute or two for
the update.

Best regards,
T. (Curt) Tran
Coach, Rabid Llama Lords