From:
Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:50:05 -0400
So bascially the way the rules work is If there is not a rule or ruling then
it is allowed. Keeping that in mind see my comments below between your
questions.  Also read the rules again and the rulings.  Much is answered
there:

*Rulings:*
http://firstlegoleague.org/media/twocol.aspx?id=268

*Rules:*
http://firstlegoleague.org/uploadedFiles/Challenge_Specific/Body_Forward/Body%20Forward%20-%20Rules.pdf

*Mission Points:*
http://firstlegoleague.org/uploadedFiles/Challenge_Specific/Body_Forward/Body%20Forward%20-%20Missions.pdf

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Ann Hamilton-Dixon <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Just checking-
> 1.  Having read the Official Missions document, the Patient Area is
> described as "...the patient’s area (anywhere in the non-orange region at
> the east of the mat)?  This mean to me that the Patient Area is the entire
> gray area on the east end of the table.  Is this correct?
>
> Yes the gray area. the whole gray area.

> 2.  Does a team receive points if the white blood cells are deposited
> anywhere in the gray Patient Area, even if they are all touching the gray
> area in one of the far corners of the gray area or do they have to be
> deposited in front of the brain near the patient?
>
> They have to be In the area. Anywhere in the area. Read the rules about
"IN". It really means above or touching. Does not have to touch. That is in
the space above the gray area.

> 3.  The pictures of the scoring white blood cells all show the "cells"
> separate, touching the Patient area and resting on their flat/holed side.
> Will points be awarded if the cells are separate, touching the Patient Area,
> and resting on their curved side or their flat/posted side as well?

Any position. They can even be in a cargo holder. But look at rule 13 bullet
3. They can't be attached to anything (including each other) unless gravity
can separate them when the heaviest object is lifted and shook gently.

Each year first defines in, touching, on and similar words. Their meaning
has lots of bearing on what will get points and what will not.

> 4.  The Professional Teamwork Mission states that points are awarded by
>  ..."Mo(in) both the doctor and the biomedical engineer to meet with the
> patient, anywhere in the patient’s area. PEOPLE ALL TOGETHER IN THE
> PATIENT’S AREA = *25 *Points
>
> How close do the Doctor and Engineer have to be to the Patient to be
> considered "Together or meeting"?  Can the Doctor and the Engineer be
> deposited anywhere in the Patient Area as defined above, and be considered
> together/meeting with the patient?

Together in the patient area means all three in the patient area. If they
are in the patient area they are together.   I know this because there is no
rule or ruling the says they have to be touching or within a certain
distance.