From:
Rusty West <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rusty West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:13:59 -0500
One thing I have found over the years that is tough for a coach is going
into the TECHNICAL OR TEAMWORK rooms and not making a sound or moving.  I
can't help facial expressions but I usually want to say something that the
team has failed to tell the judges about.  The funniest thing I have seen is
a coach who actually put duct tape over her mouth while she and her team
were in TECHNICAL.  One of my proudest moments was when the judge asks my
team how much I work with the robot.  My teams answer was "he doesn't touch
the robot; he just sits at his desk, plays on the computer and ask us a
bunch of questions".  The judge looked at me and winked knowing that my kids
had done ALL the work.  The thing you don't want to see is a coach carrying
the robot back and forth from the pits to the practice table running
missions while his team just hangs around.

Rusty West

Page Middle School

Gloucester, VA

Pre-engineering