From:
Bobbie Arbogast <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bobbie Arbogast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 08:38:21 -0500
I would also recommend that the team participates in the tournament.  It
is a great learning experience.

I have had a team of 6  very intelligent children this year, but everyone
wants to be a chief and make decisions independently.  As of right now, we
have 1 hr. and 15 minutes left to practice before our tournament on
Saturday.  The team only has two missions that are totally on each time.
At practice yesterday, one of the chiefs pulled out an older robot that
had been originally built and scored a mission with that one.  When we did
a practice session with our "tournament" robot, he couldn't understand why
it didn't work!  So we will go to competition and participate with only
two missions and then cheer the other teams on when we are finished with
our mission runs.
bobbie