Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:19:13 -0400
Yes, you can pick up the robot as many times as you like - once there are no penalty objects left, there is no penalty (other than time, which is your worst enemy at that point).

Teamwork judging is an event you can't prepare for: the team will be asked to perform a task, not known in advance, as a team. Don't worry about it - just watch and enjoy!

--

Phil Smith III

Coach, The Capital Girls, Oak Hill (retired)

Team 1900 (2002)

Team 2497 (2003)

Team 2355 (2004)

Team 1945 (2005)

From: First Lego League in Virginia and DC [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mandy Wilson
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 9:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VADCFLL-L] touch penalty/teamwork challenge

I understand that you can pick up your robot up to 3 times out of base and take the touch penalty, but can you pick up the robot 4 or more times? And what is the penalty for the 4th time or more?

My other question is earlier in the listserv discussion there was a question on teamwork challenges at fll tournaments.  Forgive my newbie question, but what is a teamwork challenge and where can this be found in the reference materials?  Somehow I've missed this.  Thanks!