Sender: First Lego League in Virginia and DC <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:02:11 -0400
From: Darlene Pantaleo <[log in to unmask]>
I may be reading this wrong, but I think what you are asking is whether you can connect the pacemaker and patch. If so, then that goes against rule 13. If you are truly just setting one atop the other, then nothing I have found in the rules prohibits that. To score for both missions, however, the black tube/pipe on the pacemaker and a part of the patch must both be in the heart; the rest of the pacemaker must be outside the heart. If the ref picks up the two pieces and they have gotten stuck together, there will be no score for either mission. Sounds a bit risky to me :~)

Darlene Pantaleo
FLL Judge Advisor
Maggie Walker
P/F: 804.745.2493