From:
"Amy S." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy S.
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2014 12:02:25 -0400
Hello!

My name is Amy and we have just discovered the world of FLL.  I recall hearing about a
Lego program last September, but then understood it to be too late and it seems this year
I'm in the same cycle of not hearing anything until the season has started.   Rather than
waiting yet another year and hoping I remember next summer, I am looking to see if there
are any teams that would still have a slot for a new member or two (I have another friend
who has a son roughly in the same situation but a year older)?

My son is 8, but he is a Lego junkie and has built sets like the Millennium Falcon and the
Malevolence all by himself without help from us before he turned 8.  He has also taken a
few of the After School Enrichment programs where they do the Lego robotics kits and
completed the code.org lessons this summer.   I think from a build perspective, he would be
a good team contributor.  I am looking for him to grow in his confidence to be able to
interact with adults and improve his presentation skills and think this would be a good
program for him.

If you have room for one or two more kids on your team in the Ashburn area, would you
please let me know?

Thank you,
Amy