From:
Curt Tran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2014 00:02:56 -0500
Hi Oz,

Maybe your team has not quite embrace the Core Values of FLL in asking this question.  I would recommend that you bring a ruler with you and measure your kids’ robot at their competition.

The FLL Core Values are the cornerstones of the FLL program. They are among the fundamental elements that distinguish FLL from other programs of its kind. By embracing the Core Values, participants learn that friendly competition and mutual gain are not separate goals, and that helping one another is the foundation of teamwork. - See more at: http://www.firstlegoleague.org/mission/corevalues#sthash.nW2yWgsA.dpuf

Our FLL Core Values:

·         We are a team.

·         We do the work to find solutions with guidance from our coaches and mentors.

·         We know our coaches and mentors don't have all the answers; we learn together.

·         We honor the spirit of friendly competition.

·         What we discover is more important than what we win.

·         We share our experiences with others.

·         We display  <http://www.usfirst.org/aboutus/gracious-professionalism> Gracious Professionalism® and Coopertition® in everything we do.

We have FUN!

Best wishes,

T. (Curt) Tran

Judges Advisor, MEH Falls Church Regional ’14

Judges Advisor, GMU Regional ’11, ’12 & ’13

Judges Advisor, TJHSST Regional ’09

Mentor Team #5390, Kilmer-I ’09

Mentor Team #8941, Kilmer-II ’09

Coach Team #324, Scitobor ’08