Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:47:24 -0400
From:
Rick Fontanilla <[log in to unmask]>
To: Bdh612-ess <[log in to unmask]>

For clarification,

I think Brian answers steps 3 and 4.

But what
is interesting is steps 1 and 2. Can we leave an object out in the
middle of the field to be used as a collection device? Typically we
bring all the items to base and place them in the container there, but
by placing the container centrally located on the field will shorten the
back and forth distance.

In the past, we have used containers and
detachable pieces and left them on the mat, with no penalty. It can
become an obstacle if your robot cannot pinpoint its exact location.

Rick

Ro-Bricks and SuperComputers

On 2013-10-22 14:12, Bdh612-ess
wrote:

> What "in" means has been such a common question this season,
Lol! I wonder why it's been this year and hasn't been in the past.

Rule 37 - IN

> *
>
> *
>
> Red is "in," "into," or has "reached"
Blue if any bit of Red is directly over or under Blue.
> *
>
> To be
"in" an area is to penetrate the volume over that area.

> *

Barely "in" is considered "in" unless "completely "in" is required.
> *

> Red can be "in" Blue without touching Blue.
> *
>
> Objects are
ruled on independent of each other, and independent of their
transports/containers.
> *
>
> "Outside" is the opposite of "in" and
means completely out.

> So, if a basket with important stuff in it
is pushed to the red zone, then each of the important items would be
"in" if it meets the criteria of rule 37. None of the items need be
touching the mat as that is not mentioned in rule 37.

> One area to
be careful of however is that while the entire basket would be
considered "in" if even the front part is "in", each scoring item must
meet the "in" definition on its own. i.e. if the front half "has
penetrated the volume" any scoring items in the front half would count
as in, but any in the back half would not.

> Also, a basket pushed
by the robot (and not joined with the robot as per rule 10, "Robot")
would be a strategic object subject to the penalty (Rule 12, "Strategic
objects").

1:39 PM, Naren Botlaguduru <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> First
of all thanks to every one on this list for answering questions. A great
help for all Rookie Coaches.

>> Here is the question my team came
up with.

>> * A Basket is created and pushed out to some where on
the mat during first run. - Can we leave the basket on the mat?
>> *
Drop all water, person, motorcycle, loops onto this basket during first
or 2nd run.
>> * At the end push the basket to the RedZone.
>> * Does
this count as all of those items in Basket count as in Red Zone and
score or do they need to be on the mat by themselve

>> Thanks in
Advance for your help.

>> Thx
>> Naren
>> Idea Stormers

select "Join or leave the list".
>> VADCFLL administrative
announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-announcements-l.html [2] to
subscribe.

your settings, please visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html [1] and select "Join or
leave the list".
> VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via
VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-announcements-l.html [2] to
subscribe.

Links: