From:
Robot Bill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robot Bill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:58:49 -0500
*Q: *Can the team complete the task in two runs?
*A: *Yes, you can complete it in as many runs as you desire. The Search
Engine mission does not have any required methods or constraints pertaining
to how many runs are required to accomplish the task.

*Required methods, constraints:*
— Nothing has caused the color wheel to spin except the slider being pushed.

*Q: *In the first run they push the color wheel, and in the second run from
the base, they pull the correct loop. Is it okay as long as they do it
using color sensors, and not manually select a program based on how the
wheel is positioned?
*A: *Not quite. Your team is imposing additional restrictions that are not
in the rules, mission and updates. I refer you to update #34.

http://www.firstlegoleague.org/sites/default/files/Challenge/FLL_WORLD_CLASS/FLL-WORLD-CLASS-Challenge-Updates.pdf

*34 – USING EYES SENSORS*
Using your “eyes as sensors” is only illegal in the precision-timing
context of the rule it appears in - Rule 48. Except for Rule 48 situations
(precision robot-grab timing), of COURSE you can use your eyes as sensors!
Think it through. It happens all the time. If you feel a light sensor
“must” be used for a mission, please have a closer look at Rule 2 and then
the mission requirements. (Reminder of Rule 2, clarification of Rule 48)

Best of luck and, as always, have fun!

Bill