Sender: First Lego League in Virginia and DC <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:38:02 -0400
From: VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
Thanks for clarifying.  I did not understand that the question was
about how to administer the Robot Game fairly.  I thought the question
was whether the team could ask to have some bacteria removed from the
field, which is not allowed.

And I apologize for the misunderstanding.  Update 25 takes precedence
over Rule 19--so the entire container and bacteria (most likely)
belong to the team in Base.

In terms of what's "fair":
For the particular case of Food Factor "bad" bacteria, there's no real
advantage to the team to having them in Base, except that it gives
them a chance to be move to the sink.  I'll be surprised in the next
few weeks if we see any team move more than half of one dispenser's
bacteria to the sink--there's so much other stuff to do, too.  So
getting all of the bacteria or half is probably not going to have an
impact.

I will comment that this is a good discussion.  I am in the middle of
an exchange with Scott right now about a similar type of situation,
and I think that we may not be communicating clearly, either!

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor