Sender:
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:42:46 -0400
From:
John Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
To: Darlene Pantaleo <[log in to unmask]>
In regards to research and the associated presentation, I ask "Why not?"  Again, research and ideas should be freely shared.  It's what you do with them that makes the difference.  Unless two teams have identified the exact same problem and are working on the exact same solution, then what is the harm in "cross-pollination" as Phil calls it?  I know that my teams over the years have struggled with project and could benefit from  seeing how another team has gone about their research, understanding the motivation behind their problem selection, the work they put into their solution, and (my teams could have really benefited from) seeing how they shared their research in the judging room.

John

--

John J. Barrett
Industrial Medium Software, Inc.