Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2016 18:29:39 +0000
From:
Angie Fontanilla <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Comments:

Please reply to this message if you are able to assist us this Saturday, February 27 (refer to details below).  We are looking for FLL coaches/mentors and/or students who can demo the LEGO Mindstorm EV3 robot.  Materials will be provided.  All you need to bring is your knowledge of programming the EV3 robot and your enthusiasm for promoting STEM programs.  ?Teams are encouraged to bring their FLL robot and project display to share at these events.

STEM Outreach Events this Saturday, February 27:

1)  DC FLL Scramble

LOCATION:  Walker-Jones Education Campus

ADDRESS:  1125 New Jersey Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20001

TIME:  10:00 am to 12:00 pm -- arrive by 9:30 am for set-up

ASSISTANCE NEEDED:  Mentor DC FLL teams on programming the EV3 robot

2)  Arlington Public School -- Robotics
?LOCATION:  Arlington Career Center
ADDRESS:  816 S Walter Reed Dr, Arlington, VA 22204
TIME:  8:30 am to 11:00 am -- arrive by 8:15 am to set-up
ASSISTANCE NEEDED:
-- Demo the EV3 robot programming to 30 students.
-- Create a team-building activity with participating students (similar to the team building challenges given during FLL Core Values Judging)
-- Discussion on robot building.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from available FLL teams/coaches and mentors.

Thank you.

Angie Fontanilla
Senior Mentor, Washington DC, FIRST ®

[1452022822901_PastedImage]

For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology
200 Bedford Street  |  Manchester, NH 03101  |  www.firstinspires.org

Phone:  703-405-2912 |  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>