From:
"Cari B. Norton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cari B. Norton
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:17:26 -0500
Another source of information for the State Tournament and what to expect is
the VADCFLL archives.  Every season the same questions are asked and
answered, so to get an idea of what's to come you could read posts from last
year.  (Of course, things maybe different this year, but you can get an idea of
what to expect if things are the same).

There are 3 lists - VADCFLL-L (this one), VADCFLL-CHAMPIONSHIP-L (for
discussing the championship), and VADCFLL-ADMIN-L (for important
announcements from the organizers- not for discussions).  Most people just
read the emails in their inbox, but you can also view them online.  It is when
you view them online that you can see the archives and search them.  I've
been doing this for so long that I've forgotten the steps that a new person
would have to do.  Maybe someone else could help?? https://listserv.jmu.edu
is a good place to start, then perhaps Subscriber's Corner.  It is worth figuring
out how to do it (I think).

This one, VADCFLL-L, may have some info in the archives on State, so you
might want to search this one too, but there is another list for those going to
State VADCFLLCHAMPIONSHIP-L.  You can read the posts from last year and
get lots of details about last year. (I know there are some good ones about
what to expect since I wrote a long one last year! ;) )

Later there will be info on the VADCFLL.org website under Tournaments and
there will be emails coming too -- so watch for those--mainly on the VADCFLL-
CHAMPIONSHIP-L list.

The archives are a great source of information for other things as well.  You
can put in a words to search for say like, batteries, and read the posts from
last year about batteries.

Hope this helps!