From:
Desh Deshmukh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Desh Deshmukh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:50:38 -0800
I agree. In addition to what Nick and Curt said, I have done every role, but the most satisfying part is to put a team of Gracious Professionals who do it with no strings attached. While I am filling Judges roles for the GMU 1 & 2 event, I do ask every volunteers for possible conflicts with any teams participating that day.

No tournament can go smoothly without Key volunteers. They are well trained and experienced and helping each weekend one or other tournaments in various capacities. For the GMU event, we have Lead Judges in each Judging category who will coordinate with the Head Judge and Judge Advisor. Each Judge including Judges Assistant is given an hour training and refreshments. As everyone knows Steve Scherr answers every question related to game and we are happy that he will commandeer Head referee role. In addition we have support of former and current FLL, FTC and FRC teams as well as the GMU Society of Women Engineers students.  They will be in the mix to answer any questions teams may have about FTC and FRC or Engineering career.

Volunteer Opportunity:
Karen Berger responded to an e-mail on Oct. 29 about volunteering at Regional and State. In case if I have not responded to any requests, I may be in process or filled slots for Saturday. For Sunday I do have just few slots. However,I have good number of slots for Students who need service hours as Judges Assistant, Queing and Game Reset Referee. If Coaches fills comfortable, they are welcome to take this role. Just send me your request separately - [log in to unmask]

JrFLL Expo
Any JrFll teams who have did not got a chance to prepare, but like to OBSERVE the Expo, they are welcome to visit on Saturday at George Mason University, The Hub (Sub I) 2nd floor. Time Noon - 2 PMGeorge Mason University
The Hub
Rivanna River Way,
Fairfax, VA 22030

Good luck everyone.