Sender:
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:39:14 -0400
8bit
From:
Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
To: Thomas Bove <[log in to unmask]>
I'd note that this varies to some extent from venue to venue. Often it's
just the "pit" area (typically the cafeteria, at least in school venues),
where teams retire between rounds/judging to tinker, practice, etc.

I mention this only because space may be at a premium -- a team who brings a
huge display may be disappointed that there really isn't anywhere to put it
up. You might ask the tournament director in advance.

(OTOH, I remember a team with a giant [five-foot?] Papier-mâché lobster that
was a huge hit -- they carried it around with them all day!)
--
Phil Smith III

Coach, The Capital Girls (retired)
Team 1900 (2002)