Sender:
From:
VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2012 23:09:41 -0400
We referees do rely on that field variability rule...   ;-)

Experience has shown that the mats at regional competitions are (a)
less worn that the ones that teams have practiced on for 8 weeks, and
(b) less pampered than the ones that teams invest a lot of time in
"perfecting".

There aren't a lot of practical ways to handle either of those, which
is why more advanced teams try to think of ways to make their robot
programs able to correct and adjust their positions when they are off
by a little.

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor