It looks like the rules allow team members in line waiting for their turn at the table to hold attachments ( Rule 35) . I just want to confirm that I am reading this correctly. Thanks for your feedback!
Sent from my Sprint phone.
------ Original message ------
From: VA-DC Referee Advisor
Date: 11/1/2014 11:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask];
Subject:Re: [VADCFLL-L] Three questions
To respond to question 1, about the idea model:
Update 12 says:
12 – IDEA IN BASE
Since it’s not clear if the light bulb slab is part of the “box” mission model, you may bring this part to Base. (Rule 2 related mission ruling)
Rule 35 discusses what the Robot Operators may do with items in Base.
There are several requirements for the Apprenticeship model
1. It has to be made entirely out of LEGO-manufactured elements (Rule 17)
2. If the team wants to send it out of Base, then it has to fit completely within Base (Rule 38, plus Rule 39 for start/restart position, Rule 11 for the size of Base, Rule 35 for more complex interactions.)
3. The Apprenticeship mission requires that the model "represents a skill, achievement, career, or hobby that has meaning for your team".
4. If the team wants to score 35 points for delivering the Apprenticeship model to the circle by the scale, then the team has to be able to bind the two mission model people to it.
Note that Update 7 allows the Apprenticeship model to be pretty large, if the team just wants to keep it in Storage.
Virginia-DC Referee Advisor
On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Sravanthi Davuluri <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Our team has three questions, thank you in advance!
1. Thinking outside the box: Once the robot separates the Idea model from the Box model, Can the robot bring the idea model to base and flip it in their favor?
2. Search Engine: Can the robot push the slider, go back to base, then be relaunched to pull the appropriate loop? We understand there is no requirement to use sensors.
3. We are assuming there are no restrictions on the size/shape or makeup of the Apprenticeship model, as long as Lego pieces are used. Please validate.
Sent from my mobile device
-- To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".
-- VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-ANNOUNCEMENTS-l.html to subscribe.
To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".
VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-announcements-l.html to subscribe. ******** Confidentiality Statement: This electronic message and attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential or privileged information. Receipt of this transmission by any person other than the intended recipient does not constitute permission to examine, copy, or distribute the accompanying material. If you received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender of the message. ********