Sender:
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2010 19:26:56 -0400
8bit
From:
VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
To: Laura Dysart <[log in to unmask]>
Laura,
  I suspect that what your team wants to do is not allowed--because they would've already known that it's okay to do the types of thing that are allowed.

  Check out Rule 13, Mission Models, especially bullets 3 and 2

Bullet 3:  You are limited as to how you may connect anything to a mission model.
This means that you may not "attach" anything to the mission model (even the robot).  The cast can slide over part of the robot--if it can slide off.  It can sit with its sides in a container--if you can dump it out of the container.  The team can use the holes in the cast to manipulate it--as long as the cast can be separated.  Note that this is a starting condition--the Robot may activate a pincer to grab tightly onto a mission model, if the robot does it while acting autonomously.

Bullet 2: You may not take mission models apart, even temporarily.
This probably isn't as relevant, but it is a similar constraint.  No changes to mission models are permitted.

Steve