Sender:
First Lego League Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 21:39:52 -0400
From:
Glenn Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
To: Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]> cc: [log in to unmask]
They call that the “storm” model. It’s a bit tricky to get it set up
properly. If you follow the directions and string the axle through the holes
you should be able to get enough friction to hold it in a raised position.
The black cross pieces will be about ˝” above the field surface.  As the
setup instructions say it’s an “unstable” model and doesn’t take much to
spring it and send the wheel rolling.

Also, as someone else mentioned there are two changes to the models that
were made after the field mats were printed.  These are both called out in
the setup instructions but you have to pay attention.  They affect the Ice
Sheet and the Flood Gate.  The field setup instructions tell you how to
handle this.

Glenn in Ashburn