Sender:
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2015 11:32:54 -0400
From:
KAROLINE BERG <[log in to unmask]>
This is the response our team received when we asked about alternates.

Thank you for writing. Unfortunately, according to our Participation Rules:
“an FLL team must have a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of ten (10)
children.  A team with more than ten (10) children on the team roster will
not be eligible for awards at an official FLL tournament.”

In order to provide consistency amongst the teams, the *FIRST*® LEGO®
League (FLL®) Global Standards limits team size to 10 children. In
addition, due to the volume of FLL teams, we regrettably do not have a
process for enforcing what happens in a classroom or with any particular
team.  However, we ask that coaches keep the FLL Core Values in mind and
adhere to the team guidelines we have in place.  We believe that it is not
fair for one team to abide by the standards and have 10 children doing
research and programming, while another team does not abide by the
standards and has more than 10 children completing the work.

In the event that a team member in unable to attend the event, we would
recommend that the remaining team members prepare to present the work that
the absent team members completed.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

--
Karoline S. Berg
Carroll County Middle School