Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2016 10:00:35 -0400
From:
Sanjay and Arvind Seshan <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
Comments:
Many FIRST LEGO League teams have seen a error called "VM Instruction Break" since the EV3 first came out in 2013. There was no documentation about it and no real solution for teams other than trial and error. Our FLL team first reported this error in the fall of 2013 in the FLL Forum and since then, we have heard from many teams that have faced the same issue. Our team, and others in the EV3 MINDSTORMS community, were able to share code to help diagnose the program.

The good news is that the error was investigated and a solution found. The solution is simple. Just download and install the new EV3 software that will be coming out soon.  Please keep an eye out for the release. We highly recommend that all teams install the update.

If you are interested in learning more about what this error was and why it was caused, we have a new lesson in "Beyond -->Inside the EV3" called Branching Error (a.k.a. VM Instruction Break).  Link to Lessons page: http://ev3lessons.com/lessons.html

Sanjay and Arvind
EV3Lessons.com Founders
FLL Team Not the Droids You Are Looking For