From:
Michael Blanpied <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Blanpied <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:28:48 -0500
>>Hi,
>>Our team has been using the mini blocks for the first time this
>>year, and we are trying to find a way to accelerate out of base or
>>ramp up our speed during a program.  Can this be done with the mini
>>blocks and if so where can that be found.
>>
>>Thank you very much for any advice.
>>
>>Tracy Reed
>>4-H L.E.A.D Huskies

PS I see now that you were specifically asking about the mini blocks,
whereas my answer was referencing the full Move and Motor blocks.
Please pardon my oversight.

Just off the top of my head, if the mini-version of the Motor block
lacks the "ramp-up/down" feature, then it should be possible to
string together successive mini-Move blocks, with increasing power,
to achieve a ramp-up-ilke effect.

Again looking for opportunities to teach about MyBlocks, it would an
interesting student exercise to build a MyBlock that would
encapsulate the set of successively more powerful Move blocks.

Mike