From:
Bob and Ann Henshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob and Ann Henshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2015 21:03:19 -0500
Sarah:

There are no hard and fast requirements regarding boards. Some teams have elaborate layouts, others little to nothing.
At international FLL competitions, we were surprised to see teams set up 12 x 12 x 12 booths, many with lights, national flags, and elaborate displays.
For regional FLL tournaments, a research board is always helpful, as it allows other teams to see what you have done and because it can be a useful prop during your research presentation.
Most teams will have a research board and will often put their team names/numbers on the top/sides/back.
Some teams have been creating core values boards and even putting together skits for the core value judging session, again all optional.
We started out with a basic solitary tri fold research board our first year in FLL, and have slowly become more elaborate over time.
You can see our research and team boards and some of our team building videos on our Facebook page.

If this is your first year, don't try to do too much, but focus on the basic presentations.
Regardless of what year you are, be sure to use the tournament as a way of educating and exciting your team for everything they did right and how they can do things even better next year.
Some of our best ideas have come from observing other teams.
My suggestion about boards is to let the team decide, based on what they think would be fun to do, what would be helpful for a presentation, and what is doable in what time you have left.
Be sure to follow the judging rubrics that First uses when creating boards and presentations.

Best wishes!

Bob Henshaw, 9th yr. coach
Follow us on Facebook at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_DynamiteTwisters_&d=BQIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=J5fb0ELkRoh7TzAGYz99sSMvB-c7i4AC0HDT2OVPrww&m=P9PXjRx2oyu2XBsxZnuNDry_S3CbRDxscDTKvG0ppuo&s=YtqpX3nV-xOnyMLuRQOYBux5jX2s_2nvSDEKToRQKrM&e=