Sender:
From:
VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 23:16:51 -0400
No, the only time there can be a touch penalty on the robot is when the
robot is completely outside Base (Rule 31, bullet 1).  If the tiniest bit
of the robot is in Base, then the robot may be touched without a touch
penalty on the robot (see Rule 37 for the FLL definition of "in").

[Also please check Exception 1 to Rule 31--you cannot "tether" the robot to
Base to avoid a penalty]

But--if the robot is carrying Cargo items that it picked up outside Base,
then those items need to cross into Base at the time of the touch or
there's a penalty on the items--they are taken off the field by the referee
(Rule 31, bullet 2)

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor