From:
"Henry M. Bass" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:29:12 -0800
I'm looking for help getting to the state tournament on Saturday night or
early Sunday morning.

I am a reserve soldier, called back into the military for Operation Iraqi
Freedom. I've been given a 4-day pass, just in time to catch the tail end of
the tournament at JMU. My son is on one of the two Christiansburg teams, The
Blizzards, that made it to state, and my wife is coaching!

I was able to get a flight into Dulles airport at 9:11pm on Saturday, and
thought it'd be easy to get a 1-way car rental to Harrisonburg.
Unfortunately, it turns out that a one-way costs about $300!  Here are two
ideas:

1)       Perhaps I can luck into someone else driving out to the tournament
(after work?) on Saturday evening. I'll pay your gas and make sure we fill
up your tank when we're in Harrisonburg.

2)       I could rent a car round-trip from Dulles. I drive it to
Harrisonburg, but someone from a team near Dulles airport could drive it
back to the airport Sunday or whenever you're returning. I'd need to
coordinate with you to get a copy of your driver's license to the rental
company. I'll pay the additional driver fee and add additional insurance,
and still come out around $100.

If someone would be interested in one of the ideas above, or has another
idea, please drop me a line.  As a former coach, I'm thrilled to be able to
catch the 2nd day of the tournament and see my family before heading to
Iraq!

Henry Bass

FLL administrative announcements will be distributed - visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-admin-l.html and select "Join or
leave the list".