Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:58:31 -0400
From:
B Bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
To: Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
My luck with getting back fees as been nil. Are there any back-up
applications where you can get a new member to buy out his "share" ?
Otherwise it needs to be explained to the group that voting this team
member out means picking up his tab, so the parents should be informed of
this prior to the vote so they can discuss it with their child & with you
if they need to.
   Next year, I would suggest keeping the fees the same and buying another
robot.  It makes programming for the robot missions SO much faster. In
fact, we have three robots- all identically built.  Three seems to be the
max we can work on during our programming sessions.   But two is such an
amazing improvement on time management for completing, testing, and
practicing the robot game, I would suggest two robots for each team.  It's
a luxury, but not a frivolous one!
    A parent contract and team members contract would also be advisable
next year- hindsight being 20/20 :)
Regards,
Brandy