From:
Gajanan Deshmukh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 21:59:23 +0000
Probably by now  you all know NASA is doing last attempt (delayed by 5 years) to repair aging Hubble through multiple space walks while avoiding space debris collision hitting space shuttle or even astronauts. Let’s hope no collision with 1 mm debris and extreme temperature does not cause any hazards to crew.

Why not share with your team and have them download beta version of the 3D space walk  simulation.  It is download able and far the best efforts from NASA to give a real interactive simulation from space with earth in backdrop. It is a 3D simulation and kids can interact from their vantage point. I am sure they will appreciate why scientists all over the world want to extend life of aging Hubble Telescope before it becomes another space casualty. Share with your family and friends.

http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/spacesuits/simulation/index.html <http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/spacesuits/simulation/index.html>

BTW, it is a beta version, so expect few glitches.

Desh Deshmukh