From:
Jason Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:58:05 -0400
New Coach here...

Could someone point me in the direction of signing up for tournaments.
I went to http://www.usfirst.org to search for competition to sign up
for, but it isn't showing any in my areas (DC/VA). Can anyone point me
in the right direction? I've already registered my team, I just am not
registered for any events and don't want to miss out.

Please reply to just me, as I'm sure most of the coaches on here
already know this and I don't want to clog inboxes.

Thanks!

Jason

Jason Shepard
Gifted Education Resource Teacher

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message and any attachments may be confidential or legally
privileged and are intended only for the individual or entity identified
above as the addressee.  This message is not to be forwarded,
redirected, or copied to anyone except senior staff in the Prince
William County Public Schools or as expressly authorized by the sender.
Printed copies of this email are to be held as confidential and/or
legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or if this message
has been addressed to you in error, please delete this message and any
attachments and notify the sender by return email or by the number(s)
listed above.

>>> VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]> 9/7/2011 7:06 PM >>>
Hello to FLL teams in Virginia and the District of Columbia!

I am the VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor for this year's Food Factor
challenge.  I can help you find answers to questions about this year's
Robot Game in the four game documents, and I'll let you know if we
need to have any rulings specific to VA/DC FLL.

To get things started, I'd like to point out one Mission, one Rule,
and some Advice.

MISSION: Read the Rules page, Field Setup page, and the Updates page.
Please!
Knowledge Is Power.

Rule 28 — PRECEDENCE/AUTHORITY
- You get information about the robot game from more than one place.
Once in a while, information from different places conflicts. So here
is the order of precedence for the sources:
1 = CURRENT Robot Game Updates, 2 = Missions and Field Setup, 3 =
Rules

Advice:  READ EVERYTHING - All else held equal, experts on the four
main documents of the Robot Game do better and have more fun. Read
these well, and come back to them often: Field Setup, Missions, Rules,
Updates.

What's the point?  Each of these documents has information that will
help your team to do its best and not have surprises at a regional or
championship tournament.

Here is a getting started tip for this year's game:
Mat setup--center the mat in the east-west direction (between the
short walls).  Align the mat so there is no gap between the mat and
the South wall.

Please note that the Field Setup instructions tell you how to change
the way the Contamination Risk dispensers are built.  Plus there are
several updates about model construction and dual-lock attachment.

There was a very large and entertaining set of updates today.  Read
them and enjoy at
http://www.firstlegoleague.org/challenge/robotgameupdates

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or
leave the list".

-- VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via
VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-ANNOUNCEMENTS-l.html to
subscribe.