From:
Todd J Lennox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd J Lennox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2017 12:42:09 -0400
Fredrik gave a pretty good overview. Though not directly in your question as a first year team, some tips for the day of tournament. Though the students are to do the work there is no reason adults can’t assist with logistics just as coaches do for a sports team. With that in mind:
-review the schedule with the entire team. Remind them of the schedule throughout the day. However have another adult keep track of time. The team members should be fully engaged in doing the work of the team not watching a clock. Just like the Players during a timeout in any sport who are listening to the coach and discussing adjustments your players and coaches need to be engaged let another adult make sure you get out of the timeout on time.
-team members and coaches need to remember the schedule is often tighter than it appears on paper.
-have another adult who is aware of what needs to go to each robot round and judging room to help ensure nothing gets forgotten. Unless logistics/timing prevents it the students should carry everything everywhere.
-get someone to plan lunch and a snacks. Hungry kids (and coaches) are not fun.

Sent from my iPhone