VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Oct 2011 09:48:09 -0400
Absolutely correct.  It is very important to remember:

Rule 23:  With rare exception, your score is assessed based on the
conditions at the exact time the match ends only.

For the Food Factor game, the score is only determined by the
conditions of the the field at the instant that time is called for the
match.  (The only exceptions are described in Rule 14: Illegal
Changes, Mission Model Destruction, Strategic Rescue.)

The robot may accomplish some tasks and then later destroy them--they
won't count for points at the end of the match. (Also see Rule 19:
"This means the robot can ruin its own opportunity to accomplish
tasks, and it can even spoil previous results.")

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor