From:
jacki davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jacki davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:08:42 -0800
  I can say from personal experience that it is not all about the robot. I coached a team of 4th & 5th graders. They won robot design for their age group, got the team spirit award, received a certificate for bringing the most food for the food drive, and one of our coaches got the volunteer award. Our team felt it was a positive experience all around. Our robot did not cooperate with us like we wanted. However, they had a real knack for being able to articulate how their robot worked and how they programmed it. We did not make it to the state tournament nor were we alternates. I feel this program give the student an opportunity to display many talents, not just technical. Verbal communication is just as important.
                           Jacki Davis
                           Team 1041
                      Fairfield Court Eaglebots

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.