David Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Sep 2014 17:54:46 -0400

Hi,

  We did about 4-5 hours a week during September, but would actually get up to 7 hours a week for most
of October. One hour of that was after school activity time dedicated to the research project. If you want
to be competitive in getting to regionals though, you have to spend a larger fraction of the time than that
on the research project. We tended to practice 6-9pm on Fridays and 9am-noon on Saturdays so as not
to interfere with homework schedules, but there are a lot of other factors that go into it. You can still have
a very productive season with less time, but I would suggest you should shoot for a minimum of 4 hours/week.

Regards,
-David