Re: Another Project Question

Lloyd O'Hara <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 27 Sep 2008 08:56:14 -0400

Here's what I would say:  there may have been a mis-speak when somebody said
"Connect".  Clearly, the task says: "Find another community somewhere in the
world with the same issue and identify any solutions they are working
on.".  While the above may not use the word "connect", it might be
beneficial from a project perspective to actually talk/email, etc.  However,
if you would like to just find the other community on the internet and
research that way, that would probably also be fine.

Personally, I think we are trying to hard to parse the assignment at hand.

Literally, "find" means "find".  It does not mean you have to take a road
trip, it does not mean you have to talk to the other community.  It just
means you have to find the info and include it in your project.  In my
opinion, it would probably be a plus, when presenting the project, to be
able to say that you actually contacted some resource in the other
community.

All of that having been said, I am not a judge and I am not a FLL official,
however, I've coached a couple different teams and I can tell you that it is
best to do the research as your team sees fit based on their reading of the
assignment.

Thanks for listening,

Lloyd O'Hara