From:
Robert Haskins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Haskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 06:56:11 -0400
If the FLL *truly* believes that scores don't matter, then they should
eliminate scores altogether. If scores don't matter, then why can't we
get rid of them? If you need scores, then by definition, scores
matter! Without feedback (why the team scored the way it did) and
transparency from the judging process, it makes it much harder to
improve the team.

I think we're going to have to just agree to disagree on this point,
but it doesn't make the issue (lack of feedback from the judging
process) any less aggravating for me as a coach.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Darlene Pantaleo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This came from the judges' blog on the FLL website. I hope that everyone
> will take the time to read this.
> Why scores and rankings don't mean much.
> Some of the most common questions I hear about FLL judging concern scores or
> rankings of teams. Among the questions are "What was my team's score?" and
> "Where did my team rank among all the teams?" I always respond to these
> questions with "The policy of FLL is to not release scores or rankings."
> This in itself is not a very explanatory answer, and usually leads to
> follow-up questions and confusion about the process in general.

 <snip>