From:
Stuart Roll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stuart Roll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 08:42:27 -0700
Yes, I'm having precisely the same problem.  I have a table where the
mat has been left alone for many weeks now and there are still
noticeable waves near the middle.

I don't recall having this problem in the past so perhaps there was a
manufacturing issue with the mats this year.  The field setup
instructions suggest using a hair dryer to help smooth out waves but I
think those are waves due to storage, not manufacture.

It is probably reasonable to assume the tournament mats will be just as
wavy so it may be better to simply deal with it in your robot design.
For this reason, I haven't tried to fix the mats.

---
Stuart Roll
Sterling, VA
2006 - Banano Splits #1494