Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2014 08:09:21 -0500
From:
Jerry Lorengo <[log in to unmask]>
To: John Davison <[log in to unmask]>
we had this same issue a few years ago - we settled on one brand
of replaceable batteries - we went with energizers which we switch out
right before every run during the tournament.

One reason is that the discharge curve drops off pretty severely after a
short while - also the rechargeable batteries have less and less staying
capacity as we go along.

We also run the robot a few times through its program set
before the competition round - takes the edge off the discharge curve.
Here's the AA discharge curve that backs up my thinking: