Sender:
From:
John Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2012 16:58:05 -0400

I received a lot of really good feedback from my original post and want to share where things stand now.  I went down the path of coming up with a "Team Agreement" that all the team members and the coaches have signed that outlines what is expected of them.  I've attached a sanitized version (as in no names) for your review and reuse as you see fit.  And special thanks to Angie Fontanilla who offered some suggested wording for the agreement.

The signed agreement now hangs in next to the table for all to see and be reminded of.

As for my challenging team member, I've implemented a number of measures myself to keep order.  Most notably is politely stop him before he goes too far and remind him that certain behaviors are not appropriate for our team meetings.  (Some might say I'm keeping him on short leash.)  I am rewarding expected behavior verbally and "course corrections" have been done discreetly.

I'll let you know in a few weeks how things are going.

Thank you all for your help!

John
Co-coach of the Cellar Dwellers!

--