Sender:
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2017 18:17:12 -0400
From:
VA-DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
Coaches and Teams,

Now that your teams have had some time to brainstorm and work on ideas, it
would be a great time for them to re-read the Rules and Missions to make
sure that they understand them, and whether there are any conflicts between
their ideas and the robot game rules..

Here's the rule that describes the requirements for the Launch position:

R13 - LAUNCHING - A proper Launch (or re-Launch) goes like this:
• READY SITUATION
     o Your Robot and everything in Base it’s about to move or use is
arranged by hand as you like, all fitting “COMPLETELY IN BASE” and
measuring no taller than 12 inches” (30.5 cm).
     o The Ref can see that nothing on the Field is moving or being handled.
• GO!
     o Reach down and touch a button or signal a sensor to activate a
program.

After your team launches their robot to work on missions, there are not
very many rules that restrict what it can do.
R14--if your team interacts with the Robot, then you have to re-Launch it
from Base before it can move again
R16--your Robot cannot do negative stuff to the team on the opposite table,
unless a Mission says you can
R17--don't break stuff on the table, because it might affect your score

Then there are a bunch of rules that restrict what the team members and
Technicians can do....(like R01-R08, R09, R10, R11, ...)

But, if the Rules don't say that some kind of action is not allowed,  GP2
is going to let your robot (or team) do it, since noone should say, "you
cannot do that because of XYZ" unless XYZ is written in the Rules,
Missions, Updates or Field Setup (GP5).

Steve Scherr
Virginia-DC FLL Referee Advisor