From:
Rick Fontanilla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Fontanilla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:04:54 -0400

This was an old design.

Based on experience at tournaments, the
last 3 years, they rely on the overhead lighting in the room, in a
school gym or cafeteria. It would be good to be able to control the
lighting when using the light sensors, but you never know what the
tournament location will provide.

For your practice testing at home,
just make sure you use a well lit room with overhead lighting, if
possible. Avoid direct lights like spot lights or desk lamps.

Cheers

Rick Fontanilla

Team Ro-Bricks and SuperComputers

On 2012-08-24
09:46, Joseph Trombo wrote:

> Sometime over the Summer, the official
table building instructions were updated. I know because I printed them
out for a shopping trip to Home Depot, then lost the instructions before
beginning construction, and saw that they were different when I printed
them out a second time. The webpage is
http://www.firstlegoleague.org/challenge/teamresources [3], there is an
Adobe file "Official table building instructions" in the Preparation
block. Is also says to align the mat with the South table wall, and have
even gaps on the East and West sides.
> Nothing about a lamp, though.

Hope this helps.

wrote:

>> From: Haydee Cooper
>> Subject: [VADCFLL-L] table design
question
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> Date: Friday, August
24, 2012, 9:35 AM

>> Thank you to everyone who has responded to my
earlier questions (I hesitate to answer individually for fear of
cluttering your mailboxes).

>> A family in our neighborhood whose
children have outgrown FLL very kindly gave us their FLL table. It came
with an additional L-shaped arm that you're supposed to nail in the
middle of one of the sideboards and that would hang over the board to
attach a shop light on. They said that this is because the lighting
needs to be well-controlled in order not to confuse the robot's sensors.

>> This "light post" is not included in the current table design
instructions on the FLL website. I'm wondering whether it's an artifact
from the earlier generation of Mindstorms and is no longer needed?

>> Thank you,
>>
>> Haydee

https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html [1] and select "Join or
leave the list".
>> VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via
VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-announcements-l.html [2] to
subscribe.

your settings, please visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html [4] and select "Join or
leave the list".
> VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via
VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-announcements-l.html [5] to
subscribe.

Links: