From:
Alok Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alok Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:10:39 -0500
Hi!
My team realized that ultrasonic sensor is not consistent when used with the
wait block. Sometimes it seemed to be not stopping at all. I am talking
about big objects and the side wall. I did a little experiment and there
seems to be a difference of 15 cm (at power level 60). i.e. if I want the
robot to stop at 30 cm, it actually stops when distance is 15 cm.
I tried changing the sensor and also putting the sensor lower, but still the
same result. The reading in the sensor, when robot is stopped, shows up
correctly. It is only while stopping it is acting up. At power level 75 and
higher it totally misses the stop point. Did anyone else face this problem
in the past? Am I doing something wrong ?
Here are my questions:

1) how high should the Ultrasonic sensor be placed from the ground?
2) Is there something I need to caliberate or change in the program ?

My team is competing on Sunday, so any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alok