Gajanan Deshmukh <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:54:56 -0700
Reminder - Coaches Workshop and Team Clinics - Meet the experts in
Bioengineering - Friday 6-8 PM, George Mason University, Johnson Center, Fairfax

Greetings,

Glad to see so many communications going around for the Robot Game and rules on
the list server, but rarely see such volume of questions on the Research Project
which has equal score weight-age and lots of creative things to do.  Remember
Project solution also leads to the Teamwork development; strategy; focus; roles;
responsibilities and dynamics.

Parents and Teachers are great source to find experts in the biomedical
engineering, but its is not always easy.  How about attending GMU Coaches
Workshop and team Clinics where you will meet academics and researchers from

National Institute of Biomedical Imaging & Bioengineering.

Besides our own volunteers and experienced coaches, we have invited
bioengineering experts from NIH and GMU as well as top two teams from the 2009
VA/DC FLL State Championship.

Joseph J. Pancrazio, PhD, Bioengineering Program Director, GMU
http://news.gmu.edu/articles/3549
Grace C.Y. Penh, Ph.D. (Invited), NIH, Program Director, National Institute of
Biomedical Imaging & Bioengineering-
http://www.nibib.nih.gov/HealthEdu/ScienceEdu
Ashburn Robotics - 2009 State finalist & Reston Qualifier Champion
Vector 67 -  2009 VA/DC State Champions
http://www.vadcfll.org/championship/awards.html

Expect this experts to present research geared towards the ages 9-14 and share
ongoing biomedical engineering projects. We have requested them to get kids
excited about this field and address team questions. We will have a sign-up
sheets for the teams to meet with this experts in the Clinic Room.  Further
details were shared in the following e-mail for location and evening agenda.

Plan your arrival early and enjoy various activities planned at GMU and Johnson
Center this Friday - http://today.gmu.edu/day/2010-10-01/
Desh Deshmukh
RSVP not required, but a e-mail to [log in to unmask] is appreciated