From:
Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2010 06:09:25 -0400
As tournament time approaches, I'm guessing that many of you are excited,
nervous, may be wishing this were over, wanting more and so much more.

Good luck to your teams and may fun and learning be part of your tournament
experiences.  For those new coaches this year or experienced coaches that
have never thought about judging at a tournament; if FLL has been a great
experience for you and your team and if you see the immense value in FIRST,
please consider volunteering to be a judge or tournament volunteer next
year.

In VA and DC FIRST is growing at an amazing rate and the number of
tournament are growing along with the number of teams.  With this growth,
the need for volunteers, judges and referrers  grows as well. Even if you
have never considered participating in a tounament as some sort of
volunteer, please take a moment and consider this for next year.  Volunteers
are made up of people like you and me.  Many started out as coaches or
mentors and even now we have former team members old enough to volunteer and
judge.

Eric P
1740
TNBI